Dissolved Gas Control for Craft Breweries
PowerFlow Fluid Systems is helping craft breweries integrate clean, simple, innovative dissolved gas control into expansion and upgrade projects. 3M™ Liqui-Cel™ gas transfer membrane contactors are the core technology for these systems.
3M Liqui-Cel Membrane Contactors provide efficient dissolved gas control in a compact design. Capable of adding gases to or removing dissolved gases and bubbles from water, beer, wine, ciders and other beverages and liquids. These gas transfer devices utilize hollow fiber membrane technology that help breweries improve operating efficiency, performance and protect product quality. They have displaced vacuum towers, forced draft deaerators, and sparging systems for over 20 years.
PowerFlow and 3M support your projects with deep technical support and service by working collaboratively to ensure solutions meet requirements and expectations.
PowerFlow upgrades water quality control at North Texas brewery
PowerFlow designed and built this 30 gpm deoxygenation system utilizing 3M Liqui-Cel technology for a 40,000 bbl/yr craft brewery in North Texas. The system was installed in 2020 and provides water on demand with less 20 ppb dissolved oxygen. Precise control of water quality parameters like DO contribute to improved product consistency, product quality and shelf life. The system currently supplies packing and pushing water for the brewery. Future plans include connecting the system to the bottle rinsing line and other post-fermentation processes.
Rapid in-line gas control
• May eliminate need for tanks or pumps
• Can reduce fabrication work and simplify production
• Reduces hold-up time in gas absorption, speeding up production
Compact and versatile
• Allows for installation in space-limited locations
• May reduce or eliminate construction and expansion costs
• Can be mobile and used in multiple process step
Total dissolved gas control
Capable of both adding and removing gases to liquids, 3M Liqui-Cel Membrane Contactors provide a versatile, compact, in-line solution that delivers rapid deoxygenation, decarbonation, carbonation, and nitrogenation of liquids to precise concentration levels. Applying this advanced membrane-based science in your production processes can help increase operating efficiency and reduce guesswork while maintaining or improving product quality, consistency and stability.
Predictable and precise
• Gas concentrations can be precisely controlled to consistently
meet target specifications
• Bubble-free gas injection helps with foam head stability
High performance and efficient
• Can reach 1 ppb oxygen to help protect product quality and
reduce risk of can corrosion
• Smaller pumps and efficient use of sweep gases may lower
• Systems can be scaled up to meet future expansion needs