Hydac RKM Series Low Pressure (Return) Filters
- RKM is a combination open loop return and closed loop suction boost filter in one housing.
- The return line flow of the operating hydraulics is fed to the filter via port A (inlet) and is cleaned by the filter element (full flow return line filtration). A pressure (standard = 7psi) is applied by the back-pressure valve V1. This insures that the filtered, precharged return line flow is available to the hydrostatic feed pump via ports B (full flow suction boost filtration). Excess fluid drained via the back-pressure valve to the tank (port T).
- A bypass valve V2 (standard = 36 psi) is incorporated to relieve excessive back-pressures in the element (important on cold starts). Flow from the tank can be drawn via the anti-cavitation valve to the suction side for a short time (emergency function).
- Full flow finest filtration (10 μm, 15 μm absolute) of return line and hydrostatic feed pump which extends the service life of your components.
- Outstanding cold start characteristics due to precharge via back pressure valve (standard = 7 psi).
- Due to the advanced RKM element technology and specially developed bypass valves, the lowest back-pressures can be achieved across the filter even at very low temperatures.
- One tank cutout for up to 6 suction and 3 return lines.
- Aluminum alloy is water tolerant – anodization is not required for water based fluids (HWBF).