3M™ Micro-Klean™ RT Series Filter Elements
- Rigid depth filter construction reduces unloading at high differential pressure
- Enhanced contaminant holding capacity for fewer filter change outs
- Grooved cartridge with extended surface area promotes fuller utilization of the depth-matrix and promotes long filter life
- Made without adhesives, binders, surfactants or lubricants for compatibility in a wide range of applications and operating conditions
- Materials comply with regulations for food and beverage contact and for use in potable water applications
- Core-less filter structure for ease of disposal via incineration or shredding
- Continuous integral length filter element
Micro-Klean™ RT series filters are all-polypropylene depth filter cartridges offering consistent particle reduction efficiencies, increased surface life, low initial pressure drop and high particle reduction efficiencies. The filter’s extended service life results in fewer filter change-outs.
Advancing Depth Filtration through Technological Innovation
The filter’s rigid construction provides consistent performance, extended service life and fewer filter change-outs. We manufacture the Micro-Klean™ RT series filters using our own rigid extrusion bonded technology. Our unique manufacturing process combines the superior process control with the quality assurance enabled by an to provide reliable product performance. This exclusive manufacturing process is an ISO 9001 certified quality system and provides a high degree of fiber-to-fiber thermal bonding, without the use of binders, to produce a rigid, core-less filter structure with the following properties:
- Does not unload contaminants with increasing differential pressure like typical meltblown filters
- Allows grooves to be machined into the upstream surface, without tearing or melting the filter structure, more than doubling the effective surface area
- Exhibits exceptionally low differential pressure for a given filter rating
- Core-less filter structure allows for ease of disposal via incineration or shredding
- Continuous integral length filter element is easy to install and has no bond joints to break
Consistent filtration throughout the service life of a depth-style filter depends on how well the filter’s structure tolerates fluctuations in operating conditions — including contaminant loading and differential pressure. Flexible structures, such as meltblown and string-wound filters, tend to compress and change porosity with increased pressure, while rigid structures like ours do not. Media compression can result in short filter life because the pores collapse and ultimately close. Media compression can also cause the filter to release already held particles.
Our robust Micro-Klean RT series filter captures and retains contaminant within its rigid filter matrix, even under increasing differential pressure. In addition, the unique depth filter structure of the Micro-Klean RT series filter provides a significant increase in contaminant holding capacity and provides greater flow capacity at a given pressure. Unlike soft meltblown and string-wound filters that require core support, our Micro-Klean RT series filter is self-supporting and is grooved to provide greater than twice the surface area. The increase in surface area prevents premature blinding of the outer surface by large particles and gels and promotes fuller utilization of the depth-matrix. The result is significantly longer life than competitive cartridges.
Micro-Kleen RT Series Filter’s extended service life results in fewer filter change-outs while its enhanced flow characteristics can typically reduce the number of filters required to achieve a given flow rate. These combined features can significantly reduce total filtration costs.