3M™ Micro-Klean™ CS Series Filter Elements
- Improved conventionally wound cartridge eliminates problems of by-pass, restricted flow, and inconsistent micron retention
- Continuous length winding eliminates “dead” spots found on conventionally wound cartridges
- Materials (core and roving) offer broad chemical compatibility and economical filtration
- A single roving strand of strictly controlled material produces a consistent and high quality cartridge
- Liquid flows through the entire filter structure to help maintain consistent system pressure
Micro-Klean™ CS series filters are an improved conventionally wound cartridge. The materials of construction (core and roving) offer broad chemical compatibility and economical filtration. Continuous length winding eliminates the dead spots found on conventionally wound cartridges. A single roving strand employs a strictly controlled material to produce a consistent and high quality cartridge.
Available in Three Materials
The standard filtering media includes bleached cotton, unbleached cotton, rayon, and polypropylene. Our lightweight, low-cost filtering materials offer a high contaminant-holding capacity and ability to remove both solid and viscous particles. The Micro-Klean™ CS series cartridge core is available in a variety of materials to suit a broad range of applications. Core materials include tin plated steel, 304 and 316 stainless steel, and polypropylene, and exhibit the following performance characteristics:
- Polypropylene is an economical and effective core material for most water and corrosives treatments and works in operating temperatures up to 2000 °F.
- Tin Plated Steel works well for oils, solvents, paints, and other non-FDA treatment applications
- 304 Stainless Steel is designed to work with applications that include diluted acids and moderately corrosive fluids
- 316 Stainless Steel is ideal for highly corrosive fluids and strong acids and performs in high temperatures up to 7500 °F
Applicable in Many Industries
At 3M Purification, Inc., we manufacture the Micro-Klean™ CS series filters on state-of-the-art precision winding machines. Yarn-wound filter cartridges are simple and versatile. The component materials (core and roving) offer broad chemical compatibility and economical filtration along with high structural stability. Continuous length winding, regardless of cartridge length, eliminates the “dead” spots found on conventionally wound cartridges. A single roving strand of material produces a consistent and high quality cartridge. This also results in more dense winding in the inner layers and coarser winding in outer layers to produce a more efficient filtering performance than previous manufacturing technology offered. Our filter cartridges are made to fit a wide array of industry applications including:
- Food & Beverage
- Paint & Ink
- Printed Circuits
- Well Services
- Oil & Gas
Our advanced manufacturing technology, combined with a choice of media types and wind patterns, ensures filtration solution that best fits the need and provides efficient, cost effective results time and time again.