3M™ BetaFine™ XL Series Filter Elements
- Available in a range of integral lengths from 9 ¾ to 40 inches, with a wide selection of end treatments to fit common filter housing designs
- 100% polypropylene materials of construction for chemical and thermal compatibility
- Absolute-rated cartridge filter available in nine distinct filter grades
Our absolute-rated Betafine™ XL Filter Cartridge Series is made of a 100% polypropylene pleated filter featuring Advanced Pleat Technology (APT). This product is appropriate for use in a wide range of applications, including: food and beverage, industrial and electronics.
The Betafine™ XL series filter cartridge features 100% polypropylene construction that provides chemical and thermal compatibility in many demanding process fluid applications. The filter media is constructed from continuous micro-fibers that provide a uniform matrix.
There are nine distinct absolute-rated filter grades, beginning at 70 microns, ranging to the very fine 0.2 micron rating. Our Betafine XL filters are absolute-rated to Beta 1000 (99.9% efficiency at each respective rating). Additionally, filters come in a range of integral lengths from 9 ¾ to 40 inches with a wide selection of end treatments to fit common filter housing designs.
Advanced Pleat Technology (APT)
Pleated filters may offer a large gross surface area, but when the media is packed too tightly into the cartridge, only part of the surface area is usable – resulting in both flow restrictions and limited contaminant holding capacity. The “blind” or unusable area commonly occurs near the inside diameter, where the pleats are packed most tightly. The Betafine™ XL Filter Cartridge features our Advanced Pleat Technology (APT) design for extended service life. This design maximizes the useful surface area while maintaining open flow paths between media pleats.
- Machine tool lubrication, detergents, process and waste water
- Reverse osmosis (RO) protection and pre-filtration
- Solvent, bulk chemical, and process filtration